Kanaka, ʻāina, and ākua in balance.
Cultivate ʻāina and kānaka to nurture learning, relationships, and lifestyles that enable all Hawaiʻi to thrive.
ʻĀINA STEWARD/ LEARNING ASSISTANT
POSITION TITLE: ʻĀina Stewardship/ Learning Assistant
REPORTS TO: ʻIliʻilikauhale ʻĀina Coordinator
PAID: $ 13.50/hr.
WORK HOURS: M-F, 7:30 am-4:00 pm, occasional weekends
BENEFITS: Gain experience in and contribute to the dynamic and innovative field of mālama ʻāina based education. Medical and dental offered. Paid time off, vacation, sick, and holiday.
An entry-level position, the ʻĀina Stewardship & Learning Assistant supports the care and cultivation of ʻāina and the maintenance of equipment/facilities while contributing to the implementation of learning programs and activities for Papahana Kuaola. This position supports the continual improvement of learning spaces and materials in order to positively impact kanaka and ʻāina in alignment with the mission and goals of the organization.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains and improves ʻāina, facilities, and equipment to organizational expectations.
- Supports the delivery of learning activities and materials.
- Assumes other responsibilities as needed and/or assigned by the ʻIliʻilikauhale ʻĀina Coordinator or Director.
- Education: None required.
- Experience: Any experience indicative of a growing interest in mālama ʻāina and learning through work on ʻāina.
- Knowledge: Familiarity with Hawaiian history, culture, and resource management.
- Abilities and Skills: Good communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to work efficiently as a member of a team. Ability to communicate at a basic level in the Hawaiian language.
- Other: Position involves significant and sustained physical activity.
Proficient in the written and oral Hawaiian language. Experience as a cultural practitioner and working with Native Hawaiian learners. Additionally, the ideal candidate for this position exhibits most/all of the following qualities:
|Connection to ʻĀina||
|Connection to Culture||
For inquiries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, submit a cover letter and a résumé of no more than 2 pages to email@example.com. There is no application deadline for this position. Applications will be accepted and evaluated as they are received. Qualified applicants will progress to an interview, and applicants who do not meet the minimum qualifications will be notified by email of that determination.
- Tended 53 acres, Replanted 6 acres
- Over 500,000 hours of community support
- 13,000 Total native plants